- Corona Arch and Bowtie Arch Trail takes you to a pair of large but very different arches in about three miles roundtripa great day hike.
- Dozens of challenging mountain-biking trails traverse astonishing canyon landscapes near Moab. Conditions are best in spring (mid-March to late May) and fall (mid-Sept. to late Oct.).
- Moab companies offer many options for day and multi-day trips on the Green and Colorado Rivers near Moab. You can also organize an excursion with either your own gear or rentals.
- First climbed in the 1960s, the dramatic spires of Fisher Towers now attract many rock climbers willing to work out the challenges of ascending the soft rock. The towers are a major landmark 25 miles northeast of Moab.
- If youre new to the sport of canyoneering, check out the Moab companies that provide the gear and know-how to get deep into spectacular slot canyons.
Moab Travel Q&A
What's your favorite hike? Where's the best campsite? Join the conversation! Ask Your Question
In and Around Town (0 to 25 miles)
Day Trips (25 to 150 miles)
Top Parks & Public Lands within 25 to 150 miles
Overnighters & Long Weekends (150 to 300 miles)
Articles & Advice on Moab
- Top Ten Adventures in the American Southwest
- The American Southwest may be light on population, but it’s heavy on adventure. With mountain ranges, deserts, rivers, and canyons in four statesUtah, Arizona, New Mexico, and Coloradothere’s something for every stripe of adventurer.
- Top Ten Hikes with Dogs
- Our favorite dog-friendly hiking trails will inspire you to get outside with your best furry-faced pal.
- Canyon Craziness
- The state of Utah is proof that Mother Nature has a surreal streak--hoodoos, arches, deep canyons, and vertigo-inducing overlooks just brush the surface of this weeklong foray into the wonderfully odd world of canyons and national parks.