Outdoor Big Sur
Big Sur Travel Q&A
What's your favorite hike? Where's the best campsite? Join the conversation! Ask Your Question
In and Around Town (0 to 25 miles)
Day Trips (25 to 150 miles)
Top Parks & Public Lands within 25 to 150 miles
Overnighters & Long Weekends (150 to 300 miles)
Articles & Advice on Big Sur
- Seven of the Best Free Campsites in the U.S.
- The gear experts at ActiveJunky.com, a partner of GORP.com, know the outdoors like the back of their hands. Here they guide you to seven great free campsites across the country, with gear recommendations for each spot included.
- Top Ten Active Beach Vacations
- From biking to kayaking, horseback riding to swimming, snorkeling to hiking, these beach destinations will keep your heart racing on your next vacation.
- Hiking & Backpacking Big Sur
- Top Ten U.S. Road Biking Routes
- Highway One, California
- An Ocean at Your Doorstep
- Julia Pfeiffer BurnsWalk-In Camps
- Riding California's Central Coast
- Exploring Big Sur