Florida Keys Activity Guides:
Florida Keys Trails:
Florida Keys Travel Tips
- Saltwater fishing is one of the Keys' most revered and fun activities. Deep-sea catches hereabouts include dolphin, grouper, marlin, sailfish, snapper, tarpon, tuna, and wahoo. Of these, grouper and snapper are probably the most common.
- For a great scenic drive, it is just under 100 miles from Key Largo to Key West, and in good traffic it will take only a little more than two hours each way. Note, though, that during high seasons (winter and, increasingly, summer), traffic on the often only two-lane Overseas Highway can lengthen driving time considerably.
- On Big Pine Key, head off the Overseas Highway and north on Key Deer Boulevard. At dawn and dusk the native, miniature deer are often afoot and visible.
- Just where CR 905 and US1 rejoin above Key Largo proper, turn left onto Garden Cove Drive for a great casual seafood lunch or dinner at Buzzard's Roost Pub and Grill. It's a funky seafood spot with good food and great views, beloved by locals and repeat visitors.
Articles & Advice on Florida Keys
- Top Ten Fly-Fishing Destinations
- From Alaskan salmon to the Peacock bass of the Amazon, the world's best rivers, seas, and streams.
- A Bird's-Eye View
- Think you've seen Denali National Park, the Grand Canyon, and the Florida Keys? Get a whole new take on these and other iconic locales with a flightseeing tour.
- Atlantic Coast
- Drive between the Big Apple and the tip of Florida
- Down Under in Florida
- From Miami's sun-splattered hedonism to the otherworldly realms of Everglades and Collier-Seminole national parks to the string of islands dangling like a row of pearls off Florida's tip, this road trip will take you and your car-camping brood to the best of the Sunshine State.
- Top Ten Reef Dives
- Unlock an Underwater Paradise: Florida Keys, USA
- Biking Florida
- Biking in South Florida: Where the Cars Are
- Glades to the Florida Keys Bicycle Tour
- A Guide to a Two-Day Spin through Southern Florida
- Weekend Backpacker: Miami
- Florida Overseas Heritage Trail
- Camping on the Keys
- Four South Florida Campgrounds